One of my favorite finds at the thrift store is bird-cage. There are so many different things that you can do with them. This one initially had been a wedding envelope holder, but was perfect for what I had planned.
Great Deal at 3.99
You will need a light. This one is pieces I had left over from a .99 light I had used the glass pieces from for the Upcycled Silver Plated Spoons Plant Hanger.
A small lamp shade that attaches to your light bulb, as well as any other decor you want to add.
1. First disassemble the light socket if using an old light, unless you are using a store-bought candelabra or Edison type and unscrew the cord.
2. Next feed your cord through your decorative hardware that you may be using if needed, then through the birdcage. You are now ready to attach your socket.
- Birdcages Bring Soft, Vintage Feel to Weddings (bencomaids.wordpress.com)
- Birdcage lampshade (isobelharada.com)
- DIY Shabby Succulent Birdcage (vintagekeywest.wordpress.com)